Dusting Things Off

Apologies – really haven’t had much to write up until this month.  Remission remains the same…same old same old.

This month has been a trying one though.

Started April out wish a stomach virus.  Which normally isn’t a big deal, except when it hits when you are two hours from home at a bachelorette party.  OY.  I felt fine that morning at the bride-to-be’s shower.  I rode down to the bachelorette party though, and all hell broke out.  It was a rough night, followed by a rough day.

That was a Saturday.  The following Monday, when I was home getting a little more time to recoup, the husband texted me.  He told me that he had gotten a text from his sister, and that my father-in-law was in the hospital again.  It didn’t look good.  Chuck passed away the next day, so we dropped everything and went to Colorado for the funeral.

We returned home the following Tuesday, and within 24 hours, I was sick.  I had what I thought was a cold.  Turns out, I had the flu.  Which morphed into pink eye.  Which then morphed into bronchitis, a sinus infection, and worst of all, Thrush.

Here is it, the 25th, and I’m still fighting this crud.  Come to find out that due to my compromised immune system, (and 3…yes 3 trips to the doctor), I’m prone to thrush and pink eye now.  Sigh.

So, I’m getting better, but it’s been a crappy month.  In the midst of it all, I saw my oncologist (good to go for six more months).  He’s not happy with my hernia (which was a result of my hysterectomy).  He wants to have it fixed.  I’m putting it off as long as I can – hopefully until October.

We go back to Colorado next month for our annual vacation.  Praying I can get healthy in time to go.

So, what’s new with you?


2 thoughts on “Dusting Things Off

  1. My last couple months have been trying as well. About two months ago I passed out after getting up too quickly. Crushed a metal garbage can in the fall and broke a rib. Turns out my cardiologist had me on too much high blood pressure medicine. After about a month I caught the flu as well. That took a full two weeks to get over. The bugs are definitely much stronger now than when I was a kid. Fortunately, I’m over both of these setbacks and looking forward to a visit from my niece.

    Glad to hear you’re still in remission. Keep it up!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s