Where Does the Time Go?

Work has been made of The Crazy lately, so I’ve been plugging away at that.

We have some movement on getting rid of our house, so I’m wrapped up in that too.  Fun times.  The bank is taking the house back, no questions asked, so yay for that.  Hopefully the process will be done soon, and we can move on to bigger and better things.

I’m slowly getting used to this new diet.  I hate it, but I’m getting used to it.  My biggest concern is the meds that they put me on after chemo because my glucose readings went haywire.  The readings are great during the day, but a little to high for my doctor at night.  Let me preface this with every medical journal in the world says that a glucose level 2 hours after a meal should be around 140, and mine are right around 110, but my new endocrinologist says, “Never above 100.”  Hmph.  I’m thinking they have me on too much medication right now – because too much medication can cause a swing in the other direction as your body over compensates.  So, I’m trying an experiment the next couple of days by cutting out the meds all together.  If my numbers stay good, I’ll just tell him at my next appointment.  The rest of the day, my readings are between 70 and 95 (maximum) – with an average of about 88.

We are going to the trailer this weekend for the annual adults only Halloween Bash.  We are going as gangsters from the 20s.  I bought a large costume for myself (flapper costume) but realize large is too large.  I have to take a couple of tucks around the bewbies tonight.  I also have fish nets and a thigh holster with a toy gun.  Too flipping cute.  My hubs is going to wear his tux and a red carnation in him lapel a la Nucky Thompson.  I wish he had a black suit with white pinstripes, but we will have to make do with the tuxedo.

In November, I get to go to one of my niece’s last ultra sound appointments.  She sent me a side-profile of Peanut this week – and Peanut already has the cutest chunky cheeks and turned up nose.  So cute.  Baby is already weighing around 3 pounds, and is gaining half a pound a week.  The doctors don’t think she will make it to her due date – which is 12/30.  My niece was 3 weeks early when she came (and weighed in at over 8 pounds!!) so maybe she’ll go early too.  I can’t wait to get my hands on that baby.

In other news, my niece in Colorado (my sister-in-law’s child) was at Wally World with her kids on Tuesday.  She was putting the babies in their car seats and her 9-year-old was standing next to the car being good.  A pick-up truck pulled into the spot next to them, and D (my great-nephew) was in their blind spot.  The truck struck D, and they ended up medi-vacking(??) him to Denver Children’s.  D has broken ribs, and bruised lungs, one of which collapsed.  He was awake and alert yesterday, but he’s in a lot of pain.  If you can find it in you, please send my little nephew and his family some prayers or good thoughts.

And that, my friends, is the news in my world.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s