When I went to bed on Saturday night, they were predicting some snow yesterday afternoon, with less than an inch covering, and then turning to rain.
I woke up Sunday morning, and they had the same prediction, so my sister and I went to the grocery store to get her rare “Who Beast” (beef tenderloin) for Christmas Dinner and when we got out of the car, we saw a few flakes. We figured it had started a bit early, and shrugged it off. We came out of the store 15 minutes later, and by the time we got back to our place, it was starting to blow on the roads a bit. My sister dropped me off, packed up her car and headed back to her place in Dover.
An hour later, we already had the inch they had predicted. And it was still snowing.
By 8pm last night, I kid you not, we were hit with 12 inches.
A foot of snow.
I was a bit worried because I had to go to Baltimore this morning for my 3-month cancer check with my oncologist. I woke up early this morning to check the roads to see if I could make it to Baltimore. Thankfully it wasn’t bad at all. I drove in, and got there with half an hour to go. My appointment went well. Turns out, my medical oncologist does not think I need more surgery on my vagina. I can’t tell you HOW happy I am about that. He did say that I had significant damage down there from radiation – it has basically shrunk – but, he prescribed Premerin, a hormonal cream that goes on my vaginal walls about 3x a week. It’s safe because it isn’t absorbed by the body, so it won’t trigger anymore cancer. It will soften the scar tissue and allow it to flex. I also got two more dialators. I have to wait until Friday to pick up the script though – it cost $75. Ugh.
When I got home, I got online with work (which is where I am now) and found out that Surprise! 4 to 6 more inches of snow are predicted for tomorrow.
Shoot. Me. Now.
At least I can work from home.